The 3rd Annual Conference of Asia ESP & the 8th Chinese National Symposium on ESP（second announcement）
15-17 November 2019
ESP Teaching & Research: Innovations, Challenges and Prospects
1. Conference background
The Asian Association for English for Specific Purposes and Chinese Association for ESP invite you to join our 2019 annual conference to be held in Chongqing University from 15 to 17 Nov. 2019. International scholars and practitioners are welcome to share your recent work and discuss how your collective efforts can advance the future of English for Specific Purposes. The conference will feature workshops, plenary speeches and panel discussions.
2. Conference objective and scope
The theme of the 3rd Annual Conference of Asia ESP & the 8th Chinese National Symposium on ESP “ESP Teaching & Research: Innovations, Challenges and Prospects” allows a wide range of interpretations, thus taking into account the varied interests and approaches within the ESP community. Through innovative practices, it will explore who we are, what we do and how we can collectively transform perceptions and understandings in current ESP studies and teaching.
We encourage proposals from scholars involved in ESP and would be particularly pleased to receive papers from members of The Asian Association for English for Specific Purposes and Chinese Association for ESP, from those working collaboratively across disciplines, from those involved in staff and student support, policy making and from students themselves. The topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
· ESP language studies
· ESP course design
· ESP research & teaching method innovation
· EAP and EOP teaching and research
· ESP education policy
· ESP material development & design
· ESP testing & assessment
· ESP corpus-driven study & teaching
· Cross-cultural studies in ESP context
3. Conference working language
4. Conference venue
Huxi Campus, Chongqing University, Daxuecheng, Shapingba District, Chongqing, China
5. Guidelines for submissions
1） Abstracts, panel or workshop proposals can be accepted.
· Featured colloquium: An abstract in English (400 words) including positions, affiliations, email addresses and mailing addresses for all authors.
· Panel discussion: An abstract in English ( 200 words) including positions, affiliations, email addresses and mailing addresses for all authors.
2） Those who plan to compete for the “Outstanding Annual Conference Papers Prize 2019 ” award must submit a complete research paper before 10 Oct. 2019.
3） Abstracts must be submitted through the ESP conference website: http://2019asiaesp.aconf.org/
6. Important dates
Deadline of abstract submission: 31 Aug. 2019
Notification of acceptance: 30 Sept. 2019
Registration date: 15 Nov. 2019
Conference date: 16-17 Nov. 2019
7. Registration fee
· Participants: RMB 1000 or US$145
· Members: RMB 800 or US$116
· Students: RMB 500 or US$72
Conference Co-organizers: The Asian Association for English for Specific Purposes
Chinese Association for ESP
Conference Host: School of Foreign Languages & Cultures, Chongqing University, China
Co-organizers: Foreign Language Teaching And Research Press, Chinese Journal of ESP
8. Contact information
· Registration, accommodation booking and abstract submission can be completed on the ESP conference website: http://2019asiaesp.aconf.org/.
· Contact person：Lai Yuqi (for participants overseas)
Tel: 86 23 65678534; 86 18623649766
Call for Outstanding Annual Conference Papers 2019
The Chinese Association for ESP will select 20 outstanding conference papers from the annual ESP conference: 3 first prizes, 7 second prizes and 10 third prizes will be awarded with the selected papers published in Chinese Journal of ESP. Teachers interested in competing for the award must submit a full paper to firstname.lastname@example.org one month prior to the ESP conference for review. Awards will be presented at the closing ceremony of the conference.
Secretariat of Chinese Association for ESP